From scratch 55g tank stand build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: its been 3 days now and I have bought a bacteria booster with live bacteria in it. I have fed the tank little bits of food some blood worm and flake. The wood air stones have arrived as well as the air powered sponge filters and I have installed them and I was amazed to see, I could make 1000s of bubbles the size of a pin head if I want.Running them along with the 1400lph canister filter. I may put the air stones in the 10 gallons and put the 1 foot air stones in the 55 gallon. I also put the two sponge filters in for a bit of extra bacteria growth and they are stylish and work better than the small electric filters.

I CAN NOT WAIT TO MAKE VIDEOS FOR YOUTUBE CHANNEL WITH MY NEW HD VIDEO CAMERA.

YouTube - MrFastfossils's Channel

One Question

Has any body had one of these I have read they grow to 3 feet in animal sites but people say 8 inches in forums?

:lol: its been 3 days now and I have bought a bacteria booster with live bacteria in it. I have fed the tank little bits of food some blood worm and flake. The wood air stones have arrived as well as the air powered sponge filters and I have installed them and I was amazed to see, I could make 1000s of bubbles the size of a pin head if I want.Running them along with the 1400lph canister filter. I may put the air stones in the 10 gallons and put the 1 foot air stones in the 55 gallon. I also put the two sponge filters in for a bit of extra bacteria growth and they are stylish and work better than the small electric filters.

I CAN NOT WAIT TO MAKE VIDEOS FOR YOUTUBE CHANNEL WITH MY NEW HD VIDEO CAMERA.

YouTube - MrFastfossils's Channel

AWESOME!! I can't wait to see lots of pics of this aquarium and looking forward to updates on the tank!
One Question

Has any body had one of these I have read they grow to 3 feet in animal sites but people say 8 inches in forums?

Nope. Sorry that I'm no help on this... :sorry:

Okay so tonight I managed to install the thermometers and have found they have a 1 degree tolerance and I checked it. the one you see is reading one degree over the true temp

I wanted to show you a wood air stone for those who have not seen it I have this one on half capacity for the photo but there is millions of small bubbles were the normal air stone makes much bigger bubbles.

I must say I am really thinking of doing a DIY Co2 as I have space in the cabinet at the bottom any thoughts on it anybody and would do the natural way?

I am using DIY C02 on my 54g corner planter right now. I have had great success with it in my 10g and so far my plants are doing very well in my 54 though it has only just got going. Have a look my thread is in my signature.

You will need 2 juice container bottles (not the soda ones as the base is not square and doesn't sit as well) to get adequate co2 in a tank of this size. Also switch one bottle out as soon as it slows down to 2 bubbles per second. Don't use quick rising yeast either.

You will also want to get rid of the air pump unless you turn it on at night. The wood block is also a good way of diffusing the co2 into the tank. But if you can get a different diffuser, that would be good also.

Those little holes for the thermostat is a great idea. I thought they were holes for a special door handle that you planned.

Well I have been looking at one of these

Nutrafin CO2 Replacement Bubble Unit Diffuser for A7690 - Rapid Aquatics

I did a Real DIY one once with a 900lt pump in a bottle and got it to 100% diffuse with the water as no bubbles would be left to expel.

I may have used fast yeast could that be why the one fish I put in it could have Died:gangsta::bawl:

I like this one as it adds a effect to a tank that baffles the the not so fishy people.

Am I right in my understanding

PH Is the water hardness
NH3/NH4 comes from old food fish urine ect and becomes nitrate or No3 bacteria breaks it down and it becomes nitrite or No2

Please comment on the below and what you suggest I should or could do.
*cheers*Thanks

Day 1
tank filled left to sterilize with tap water
Heater on temp 27degrees

Day 2
water clarifier 40ml
Added air stones 2

Day 3
No3 Test 0mg/l
added food pellets 20
added stress zyme 50ml

Day 4
No3 test 0mg/l

Day 5
PH 6.4
NH3/NH4 0.25 ppm
NO2 0 ppm
NO3 5 ppm
Added live plants 2
Added fake plants 3
Added caves 2
Added 1.5 foot mopani wood 2
Water change 40lt
plant food 6ml
3ml
6ml

Day 6
NH3/NH4 0.5 ppm

Day 7
NH3/NH4 0.5 ppm
cleaned other tanks filters and added to tank 2

Day 8
PH 6.8
NH3/NH4 0.5 ppm
NO2 0 ppm
NO3 0.5 ppm

You can test every other day. You have to make sure you have ammonia.Do you have fish?

Yeah I do three mollies and a gourami at this time but watching them like a hawk just in case they show any signs of suffering and thats why I test everyday as I heard new aquariums can spike at 4.0ppm do not want to stress them to much and will take them out if I see 1.0ppm.

Would water change from ,y two other tanks into the new one help or is all the bacteria in on items and not loose floating?

Update I found ammonia 9.5% took the couple of fish out and added 9ml and now the reading is 5ppm so we well on the way now and the plants should arrive soon.
I have three other I guess you could say," never seen before projects" for this tank I will start a new thread

1) 15 gallon water change stand that will look like a seat to sit on with built in pump, pipes and fitting to do water change and store water from week to week in before it goes to the tank.
2) retaining wall made using hot glue gun
3) Surprise wait and see
MY FEATURE FOR THE TANK IS HERE
Still waiting for plant ect

img_1183672_0_72ab7fbe9670ef5ecc268a188ac60426.jpg

img_1183672_1_e9224757ec773aebb495646cc9710612.jpg

Hi sorry been busy but back for now here are some photos of some of the fish.
Good news touch wood is I have not lost a fish in two months and have not even seen a sick fish.

Before you comment I will be getting another tank as this is more than just something to do but a serious hobby I enjoy.

enjoy

Back
Top Bottom