FW protein skimmer??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partypalooza5

Aquarium Advice Addict
OK. I know you can't use a protein skimmer in FW. But I just made something that does close to the same thing (injects water with air bubbles and collects the foamy stuff that forms) Its been running all day an sofar there is a small ammount of really light gunk that it seems to have pulled out.:eek: Its not just water because its somewhat darker than the water in the tank.

I think I must be missing something, because it shouldnt even kind of work in FW :confused: (from what I've read). Again, its not pulling out really dark stinky gunk like in SW but it seems to be doing SOMETHING.

Could be a waste of time and not effective, but it was a sunday morning well spent to me :D

It will probably work better with finer mists.. Used to add Ozoneso Ps will perform better in F/W and also in S/W But Ozone system requires few other pieces of equipments which I find Absolete in for F/W.
Air Drier, Ozonizer, O3-O2 reactor, Ozone resistant tubing/hose, Carbon Reactor, extra water pumps, and if want automated, you'll need ORP controller (this lwill control the ozonizer depending on ORP of water).
Thus ABSOLETE for F/W.

Yea. I know there are improvements and stuff.. but I just made it this morning to see if it was true that it only works in SW. Seems like time well spent :D

Back
Top Bottom