Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-10-2005, 01:38 AM   #1

FW sump?

hey guys, i was looking at some sumps, and i really really and i mean REALLY HATE my HOB whisper filter and decided i want a sump, i have many rubbermaid containers and i want to know if i can make a sumo out of that for a 29 gal how would it work, what would i need to buy, and will it be too much for a 29 gal?

TIA
Old 04-10-2005, 03:44 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

You'll need an overflow or drill the main tank, a return pump, piping from and to sump, and time (to search the archives and experiment). I don't think a sump is too much for a 29gal as I have a sump on an 8gal, but it could be argued a canister or aquaclear/etc HOB is an easier and as effective filtration choice for a traditional tank. If you want to do this to experiment and learn, King Vinnie's DIY links and the archives here are a great place to start.

HTH

wet.biggiantnerds.com
czcz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off