Garage fishroom 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got some lights in, taking down the top level of 40bs on the left side rack since one is leaking, replacing with 5 15gs that I have to put somewhere.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looking good Jeta - following along as I'm curious to see what you end up with for stock.

wow that is insane !! that's a lot of tanks how and when do you find the time..
I know 1 thing I'm sure glad it's not me doing all those water changes lol . I bet the electric bill jumped too , wow I'm blown away and I used to think 5 tanks were a lot

I'm going to pipe in a pvc line to each tank with some diy overflows so that water changes are nearly automated. I'll still have to gravel vac though. Power bill runs a lot anyway as I've had lots of stuff running already. I use my business to offset the costs.

I'll be wanting some of those spectacular mini sunfish you've posted in the past:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As the girl friend stands with arms crossed and shakes her head.:ROFLMAO:

Sounds like a single man's fish to me lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm glad to hear those shelves are the way to go, I was looking at them the other day for my basement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I love the shelves, just dont opt for any of the cheaper ones. My rule of thumb is if it looks like you can bend one of the supports of the shelf by hand then don't buy it. I wasted quite a bit of money on the smaller shelving and none of it ever served it's purpose very long before I got concerned and changed it up.

In other news, the new air pump came in today, and it's great. Nearly silent, and way outperforms my elemental pump.

I am going to finish piping it in today hopefully, but we'll see.

Update. The new pump is decent, but not enough. Ordered the ap100 model which is about 3x as strong. I would use the ap40 if I had 20-25 tanks.

Update. The new pump is decent, but not enough. Ordered the ap100 model which is about 3x as strong. I would use the ap40 if I had 20-25 tanks.

Keep us posted on the results. I was looking at the AP 60 ( based on your using the 40) but will hold off until further results. I'm currently running 50 tanks but will be at close to 70 when fully assembled. That's about 150- 200 outlets :facepalm: so I need a good pump. ;) I liked the info sheets on the ap models as I am having air issues already at just 12" deep. :( Hopefully, the right sized pondmaster will solve this issue. (y)

Still waiting for the ap100 to come in. Should be here tomorrow or thursday. Right now I'm limping by with the AP40 along with an elemental pump both tied into the same pvc circuit. It's working, but I intend to send back the AP40 as soon s the AP100 comes in. It has nearly 3x the output as the ap40 so I'm hopeful it'll do the trick.

Your garage is looking like my house lol. Wish I would of seen this thread sooner I have a 1/2 hp cgas blower I believe it is that I was wanting to get rid of cause it's way to big for my operation. eBay has the led strips that are pretty good for lighting there 12 or so for 3 meters and run off 12 volts they work for freshwater tanks but won't do anything for plants or saltwater

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for the ap100 to come in. Should be here tomorrow or thursday. Right now I'm limping by with the AP40 along with an elemental pump both tied into the same pvc circuit. It's working, but I intend to send back the AP40 as soon s the AP100 comes in. It has nearly 3x the output as the ap40 so I'm hopeful it'll do the trick.

Any updates on the AP100 pump? How's it working out for you? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom