Garbage Bag backgrounds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eduguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I read that someone tried this. Has anyone else?

I read that someone tried this. Has anyone else?
I seen quite a few posts from people trying this. Apparently it works quite well. It's also a good way of trying a black background before buying a background or painting the tank....

I tried it briefly on my 30g and the wrinkles just looked bad, IMO. I heard of people using vegetable oil on regular backgrounds to get it to stick. Maybe something along those lines would help with wrinkles.

I have this on one of my tanks. Need to remove any slack or your will get wrinkles. I use clear tape on the edges. If you use flash photography, it will appear shiny and distracting.

I tried it briefly on my 30g and the wrinkles just looked bad, IMO. I heard of people using vegetable oil on regular backgrounds to get it to stick. Maybe something along those lines would help with wrinkles.
You could try layering it, then placing a towel over it and ironing it. Should remove the wrinkles but still a bit too fiddly for me. Better just buying some from a roll at the LFS and using Seaview or Babyoil to secure it.....

Just did this today to my 40G quarter round. Wow what a difference it makes. I now plan on getting some acrylic paint and painting it black just because there are some wrinkles in the bag.

The fish really pop off the background now

Just did this today to my 40G quarter round. Wow what a difference it makes. I now plan on getting some acrylic paint and painting it black just because there are some wrinkles in the bag.

The fish really pop off the background now
Yeah it's amazing how much of a difference this makes. The colours of everything in the tank really pop. It gives a nice depth to the tank too.....

Back
Top Bottom