Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-21-2004, 01:14 AM   #41
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via ICQ to JProx Send a message via AIM to JProx
i kinda forgot to add how i deviated from my orginal plan. in your thread thai, someone said.. plan your sump NOW before planning the stand and i said to myself. ok i will do that, and planned on using 2 10gal tanks (1fuge and 1sump) but then after building, i thought hey what's better than 20gals? 30! the more i thought about it the more i wanted the additional water, i can still go back to the orginal 2 - 10gal idea but i really want those extra 10gallons. right now it's either keep looking for containers, or build my own plastic boxes or make compromises.

oh yeah mike, i have 55gallon tank, and i used 6 vertical support beams, just like garf suggested you use. it's very strong as is, and i don't see the need to add anymore. you can safely if you want too, but it's not necessary.

Old 02-22-2004, 02:11 AM   #42
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via ICQ to Thaiboxer
I should've totally planned out my sump earlier... don't really need it now, I have enough filtration, but it's a "nice to have"!

Old 02-22-2004, 02:41 AM   #43
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via ICQ to JProx Send a message via AIM to JProx
lol that's a great position to have, thai. i wish i could join you.. haha
i need to sit down and plan a work around for this little problem. if anyone has suggestions, i am all ears. [problem is: how to squeeze 30+ gallons -20gal sump, -10fuge into 40"L x 10"W x ~30"H]

mike, plz don't be like me. plan everything out now, and don't change the plan unless you HAVE to, seriously you will thank me and thai later. lol

on a different note, thai how did the fish handle the move ?
and you really need to get us some pics
Old 02-23-2004, 02:16 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via ICQ to Thaiboxer
I know it on the pics! I've got a bunch of them... just moving slow. I've been really sick for over a week, lying on the couch moaning...

The move went brilliantly! I had 3 friends helping, and it was 15' across the room. The new tank is up and running great, didn't even mini-cycle because my filters had been prepped enough. Didn't lose a single fish!

I added a school of tinfoil barbs this weekend, they're super cool in there! Lost one to the big oscar's hunger, but he was the smallest Thought he was too big for that mouth, but I was wrong and it cost him... oops.

I'll do up a bunch of pictures and a build article to post soon - if it's not posted here I'll put up a link to my web site.

More soon!

Tags
stand, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com