GE Silicone I - DIY cave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
some people recommend putting a little pinch of fish food, some recomment a raw cocktail shrimp to aid in the cycling, some people prefer to put a fish or two, but usually the fishless is the best way to go

Thank you again i will wait then for two weeks , and its fresh water aquarium setup with two filter which hang outside ,, three layers Sponge, Charcoal , and some white macaroni type stones

SeaChem Stability

Viper,

If you buy a bottle of Seachem Stability and add the recommended dose for seven days, you can add fish immediately. If your experience is the same as mine, there will be a tiny trace of ammonia the first day and then zero ammonia and nitrite after that. Instant cycle!

If you want to go the other way, get a bottle of PURE ammonia at a hardware store and use that to dose the tank instead of the shrimp or fish food. Much faster...but you are looking at more like 4 to 6 weeks instead of 2 to complete the cycle and you will have to test the water to see if the cycle is complete.

Good luck!

Greeny.

Viper,

If you buy a bottle of Seachem Stability and add the recommended dose for seven days, you can add fish immediately. If your experience is the same as mine, there will be a tiny trace of ammonia the first day and then zero ammonia and nitrite after that. Instant cycle!

If you want to go the other way, get a bottle of PURE ammonia at a hardware store and use that to dose the tank instead of the shrimp or fish food. Much faster...but you are looking at more like 4 to 6 weeks instead of 2 to complete the cycle and you will have to test the water to see if the cycle is complete.

Good luck!

Greeny.

No offense, but IMO "instant cycling" products are snake oil. They MAY help, but they are not a replacement. Did you continue testing? What test kit? The cycle is never complete unless tests prove it.

Snake oil

I do not take any offense, in fact I expected this.

I did online research before hand and it seemed that three products seemed to work. BioSpira (which needs refrigeration), Seachem Stability (which does not because the bacteria are in a dormant state) and one other that I forget.

Seachem Stability was the first that I found in a store.

Three aquariums, stocked immediately (with more than a few fish) were cycled after the treatment. I tested with Aquarium Pharmaceuticals drops. I continued testing daily for a week and then a few more times maybe once a week. No ammonia or nitrite, and nitrates are present.

I do understand the scepticism, but this product cycled three tanks for me with no problems.

(Try it...you might like it)

G

Back
Top Bottom