I love the moonlights posted in other topics, so I decided I wanted to make some too.
This is all the stuff I have right now.
I basically took a block of teflon from work (because it's really soft and flexible, but still rigid enough to hold up for this project. I cut a groove down the middle, then drilled 9 holes for lights right in the center of the groves.
I pushed the wire from each of the LEDs through from the front so that the LED
was flush against the front wall. Inside the channel I placed two welding rods, one against each wire.
These are the LEDs I'm using. I got them on Amazon.
I placed tongue depressors between the wires from each LED
to help keep them from touching eachother, and to help push them against each welding rod. I also used hot glue to hold them in place.
This is what the front looks like.
The welding rod is sticking out the end. I put a giant glob of glue to keep them from touching...
....then bent them outward to make it easy to hook them up to a power source.
If my wife ever gets home with the car, I'll go to the Salvation Army. They have bins full of power supplies. No clue why. I'm thinking I can get a 3 volt power supply around 3 amps max to hook them all up in parallel. Hopefully that works and I get some lights!