Glue??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lawson2479

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,
I have a skimmer that has a broken inlet tube next to the skimmer body. I crafted a insert out of cvpc that I sanded inside and out. I can slide the broken pieces over top of the insert but I do not know which glue would be safe to meld all this together and not leak. Any suggestions? TIA.

I have pvc and 2 part epoxys ( 5-minute and 2 ton).

Rain-R-Shine PVC cement, blue label, Home Depot, Lowes. Glues with water present. In that spot there isn't much pressure, most anything that will adhere to pvc, plastic will work most likely. I've stuck pvc fittings together in that situation with no glue and no leaks. The inlet side of a pump and the outflow side warrants a little more attention. Hope this helps, Scott.

Rain-R-Shine PVC cement, blue label, Home Depot, Lowes. Glues with water present. In that spot there isn't much pressure, most anything that will adhere to pvc, plastic will work most likely. I've stuck pvc fittings together in that situation with no glue and no leaks. The inlet side of a pump and the outflow side warrants a little more attention. Hope this helps, Scott.

Back
Top Bottom