glue for glueing acrylic to glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffs10

Aquarium Advice Activist
do they make a glue where i can glue acrylic sheets to the insides of my glass tank (im making a sump) and it has to be fish safe. and can i get it at a local store like home depot?

Jeff

Like for baffles? There is no glue per say but if it is just for baffles just use aquarium safe silicone. If you are getting it from home depot make sure it is 100% silicone with no fungicides or additives(don't get kitchen and bath) I thinkl the safe stuff is window and door. Check the label to see if it says mold and mildew resistant(bad).

Silicone isn't supposed to be very strong for acrylic to glass bond, but for making baffles it is perfectly adaquate (no big water pressur differential) ... & no huge problem if the bond breaks in a few years, you just have to redo the seam.

On a related topic <may be a bit of a hi jacking of this thread ... sorry> I know that weld-on is the stuff to use for acrylic to acrylic, but I am having problem finding that in Edmonton ... Do you E/E (or anyone) know of a soure? I've check Home Depot, etc & phoned some of the the plastics places in the yellow pages ... so far no luck. :(

Back
Top Bottom