Hand-tighten bulkheads only?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The extension of pipe need only be enough to allow a coupling fitting to be installed. 150mm protrusion? Personally I don't see the problem. I wouldn't buy a second hand tank, I'd just build a new one.

You two belong in a deck of cards! Jokers!:ROFLMAO:

If you can't move a tank without fear of breaking it, employ the services of someone who can! I'll give you my number!(y)

of course im afraid to move my tank lol it cost upwards of $400 and weighs about 60-70 lbs when empty. not to mention its directing connected to my emotional state of mind

My tank is 800 pounds empty and fitting through doorways is a bit of a problem bulkheads would just exacerbate.

Follow the link to my flickr page, see my fishes and fish house build set. My brother and I moved the big tank between us, we transported it from location 1 to its current address with one extra pair of hands. That thing is 198 us liquid gallons. It's a monster!

I spent ten years moving glass.

I built a building so the tank would fit inside it! How far will you go for a tank, I've done it all! I bought the door because it was wide enough. Will that do?

P.s. I built the tank, so I am very attached to it. The glass alone was pricey. Not sure what it weighs maybe you can work it out for me. It's a back breaker!

Glass £350
Silicone £60

Filters £190 each.
Fish priceless!

Do you want the sheet sizes?

It will hold 900 litres, about 238 us gallons without substrate.

No thanks; one was bad enough. Curious how you did it. I used a Dremel (not recommended) and was able to get section off so I could get the rest off. Melting plastic isn't the best option with the Dremel I wouldn't think, but nothing else I tried was working. That's why I'm asking in case it occurs again.

I made a tool by notching a 3' section of 3" ABS pipe notched to fit the bulkhead. As it is at the bottom of a 24" overflow and can barely reach it.

Last edited:
That's a great idea. My tank is 24" tall as well and that will be worth looking into for sure. The bulkhead I cut off did not have notches on the top portion. It was a flat piece of plastic with a slip pvc opening for the pipe. Never will I get that kind. Too much hassle. Also, my tank is acrylic and just making sure it is still a proper way to go with the silicone lubricant. All the posts are talking about glass and I know there a differences with silicone and acrylic.

Good to know, thank you. I'll be getting the shipment this Thursday apparently. So being patient. Would've been a great weekend to work on it though. Time off and good weather. High is going to be 14 degrees Thursday. Looks like plumbing is going to happen indoors. Windows open for ventilation. So much for the heating bill this month.

Back
Top Bottom