Hanging lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pankelephant

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm trying to find options for hanging my lights that don't involve too much construction, given that I don't have a garage or any outdoor space in which to work.

Is there any reason I couldn't use shepherds' hooks? I saw some heavy duty ones at Home Depot today that are pretty tall. While they're usually made to stick in the ground, I've seen stands for them as well. Is this workable?

Attachments

• hook.jpg
    hook.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 90
  • stand.jpg
    stand.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 138
I saw no one has answered your post so I thought I would chime in. Those will work fine as long as your light is not heavy. You could also hang it from the ceiling. That is what I did with mine when I was using a shop light and now that I am using clamp lights. I just made hooks out of an old metal coat hanger. Worked fine. You could also rig something up out of pvc pipe. Do an internet search and you will find many different ideas. Here is my current light setup.

Attachments

• domelightsetup.jpg
    domelightsetup.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 89
I saw no one has answered your post so I thought I would chime in. Those will work fine as long as your light is not heavy. You could also hang it from the ceiling. That is what I did with mine when I was using a shop light and now that I am using clamp lights. I just made hooks out of an old metal coat hanger. Worked fine. You could also rig something up out of pvc pipe. Do an internet search and you will find many different ideas. Here is my current light setup.

Thank you! I have 22' ceilings so that's out. :D I really like the look of the shepherd's hooks and I don't think my light is too heavy. But if so, the PVC could work as well, as long as I can rig up something attached to my stand. I appreciate your help!

You could use those shepherds hooks and just fasten the bottom to the back of your stand. I did something similar hanging a metal halide pendant over a corner tank. i used conduit though, and bent it at home depot with a tool from the tool section :brows:, then brought it home, spray painted it and used a couple brackets to fasten it to the back of the stand....

img_2471539_0_cda291f1b0fb261e0c5bd3b8e96372ec.jpg

Back
Top Bottom