Has anyone rockscaped next to aquariums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonkeyMonk86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've got room to right and left of my tank. Has anyone rockscaped with real or fake or bonsai trees outside and next to their tanks? If you have done any type of venue or scene, could you please post it?

I've got a ton of styrafoam and rocks and was wondering if it could or has been done?

Sounds like a great idea :). I personally don't have any experience with this, but it sounds like it would be a fun project. So many possibilities... You could continue your aquarium scape to look as if the only difference in and out of your tank was the absence of water!

I was thinking bonsai would make a nice addition to the "house"
No bonsai yet but I've a nice collection of small pots! (Proper bonsai)

Fish tanks=A good humidity umbrella I think!

(My first efforts failed) rhododendron got diseased, my firs failed, I forget what the last one was called but I killed it, tree keeping is harder than fish keeping it seems?
Or bonsai is less than straightforward.

My next two trials are outside toughing up over summer, they get harder bark outside, more real looking. Otherwise they stay looking like saplings with soft bark. Hopefully these ones work out ok. These are rescued trees from a garden path re-design. One is holly, the other is unknown maybe elder, but they are trees.

Feeding trees is a strange thing to me!

Anything is possible. I like the idea of flowing internal and external design. You have the parts, get building! If it is safe it is good!

Back
Top Bottom