Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

hi am new to this. but need some advise fokes. im running a juwel trigon 190 litre tank for past year. it has v2 protein skimmer in it 200. 20 kilos of live rock and 10 kilos of ocean.10 fish.5 corals. i bought a trigon 350 litre there as want more fish. everyone knows on here. we are always wanting bigger. as it stands at min. i have the 2 tanks in my living room. so u can imagine my wife. new one sitting fill with water,with about 15 kilos of rock in it. 40 kgs of live sand.havent planned to do the change over for about another month at least.question im asking is hows the best way to do this.i will be taking rock and sand from old tank on the change over. could i use my old protein skimmer too?ive actually have 2 v2 200 skimmers.could i used both of them to save me buying a bigger one?. money tight now as use all can imagine.breaks my heart spending 200 pounds for bits of rock but if it cant be done. i just wait to have money for big skimmer. i had a tank that crashed a year ago when started guys.i lost everything. any advise u can give me about the skimmers would be great also how i move fish/rock over without killing everything. cheers monty.

big monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
move some of the sand and rock over now to help with the cycling,once cycled and water change done move the rest of the rock and fish in ,as for the skimmers,use both if you want 2 is better than 1 small one.
Old Chinese proverb:
Don't go to bed with ichy bum
wake up with smelly finger!!
David S is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com