Help me Decide!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baron1282

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have been though it all. Freshwater and Saltwater tanks! The largest was a 120 gallon tank that I did both Salt and Fresh water in. Life happens and I am down to no tanks now. Not even a betta tank now as my betta died on me a week ago. :-(

Now I am moving into a brand new home that I am having built. I am wanting to do a 29 gallon tank (my frist size tank). I am trying to figure out what would be best for my situation as I am gone weekly and only home on the weekends. My wife will be handling the feeding, but I can do tank maintenance when I am home.

Based off that information, what would you guys suggest? Salt or Fresh water? I have all the equipment for both and already have a Reef Octopus skimmer (not doing anything).

I want some fish that is easy to care for and a tank that is easy to maintain. Maybe a water change every two weeks (20%). The last time I had my 29 gallon set up as a salt water tank it was easier to maintain than when I had it set up as fresh water. Thats how I felt anyway, I felt like the tank took care of itself mostly and I only got more and more frustrated as I went bigger. I really like Clownfish nd thought I would just do a pair with a bubble anemone and hope for a bond.

Anyway, what do you guys feel would be best? Like I said if I do salt, I already got the equipment and the sand. I saved my sand in buckets and would need to wash it. I also have a lot of rock, but would need to buy more and some live rock to seed the base rock.

I have all the equipment for freshwater as well. Just asking for opinions and suggestions. :) Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom