Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-02-2005, 12:27 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to Gordinho80
Help me design an African Cichlid Paradise in my 55 gal??

I am looking to set up my 55 gal tank with a few smaller african cichlids...i know that these beauties need many hiding multi level hiding spaces...I want to design a 3d Background that would hide my heater, filter intake, and my airlines but would also give the cichlids some hiding spaces...

has anyone on here come across a nice set up that and have pictures, maybe even instructions on how to make a perfect african cichlid 3d background?

BTW...I am running Pool Filter Sand as my substrate...

Please share anything you may have...i don't know much about designing ot building 3d backgrounds and like i said, i would love to hide my equipment and still have hiding spots for my future inhabitants...

Gordinho80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:31 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a decent cichlid set up but I personally wish I had seen travis simonson's gallery before I set up. I would check that out, nicest f/w display I've seen in a long time.
Long Live DIY
55 gal reef
45 gal turtle/fish tank
75 gal planted/cichlid tank
PatM is offline   Reply With Quote

55 gallon, african, african cichlid, cichlid, design, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com