Help with DIY sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Ok I have decided to ditch the cpr wet/dry and actually do a DIY sump.. Since the rubbermaid containers were on sale.. So I went to the store and picked up a 50gal rubbermaid container and transferred all the water from the wet/dry and gor everything somewhat situated.. But I came across this problem.. The line from the tank to the Sump.. How can I mount it.. Any Ideas please or any ideas as well on my sump design..

TIA,
James

Alright well I got that all figured out.. Here is some updated Pics.. The Sump is going to be about 40gals or so.. Anyone good at math wanna figure it out?? lol Anyways My next purchase is going to be another Skimmer.. I like the Remora but I need something Much much bigger lol.. I have more water that Is warming up right now to tank temp so that I can add it to my newly created sump.. I have a lid for the sump which I might place on it or I might Leave It off.. I haven't Decided.. The top of the tank is well vented so I dont think it would make much of a difference.. I have plans for adding another smaller tub inside this one that I will use for a Refugium at a later date.. lol

TIA,
James

I am planning on a sump as well. Can you tell me what everything in there is as it is hard to tell from the picture. I was planning on a skimmer, heater and return pump. Am I missing something??

Inside the sump in there is a AquaC Remora, A rio 2100 return pump, and thats it.. I will be placing my heaters in there after a while.. Other than that there really shouldnt be anything else that is needed..

James

Silly question but where is this located? Is the sump right next to your tank? Is it hidden or out in the open?

I know for our 75 gal with the way we built the stand, I had a hell of a time finding something big to use as a sump. I had to disassemble the side just to fit a 20 gal tall tank. I could not find any rubbermaid containers to fit. I just have my drain dumping into the sump ... it just hangs there but it is not visible. Trying to get something in the sump to help filter out some of the floating stuff in the water now...

BTW, I like how you did your drain. I did not know you could do that :)

Good luck on the setup.

The sump is right next to the tank out in the open kinda.. There is furniture that blocks that area.. I plan to build a stand that will accomadate the sump but for now this has to work.. there is only enough room under my stand for a 10gal tank max... I figure that the rubbermaid tub would work and it was only like 5.99.. The 55gal is only a tank to hold me over until i get my 200gal + tank no room in current place moving in a few months then i will have enough room for anything lol

BTW, I like how you did your drain. I did not know you could do that
You can do anything your imagination lets you lol

James

Back
Top Bottom