Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-26-2011, 06:49 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atxpunx View Post
Does anyone have info on these 2foot t5 fixtures that they sell at home depot. How can I tell if it's normal output or high output?
They are NO I bought this a couple of months ago to replace the single t8 of my 29 G tank. You are going to have to buy a pair bulbs because the ones that comes with fixture are not good (soft white ~3000K). In my opinion they are not worth it because by the time you change the bulbs, you would have spent the same amount of money you would have spent in a new fixture. piece of advice: with the 40- 50 dollars you're going to spend on this you can get a better fixture on amazon.com.

as you can see I painted the hood silver so it would reflect more light.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

BTW: In that tank I have
Wisteria, some anubias, Amazon sword, money wort and a couple of banana plants. all of those are growing at a good rate

Tags
light, lights, t5 light, t5 lights

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com