Home Made Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah but if he adds that into his dimensions the tank will be 400 gallons

Well he will need it. And OP, if your gonna build this, you will need 3 more people to help you move the 3/4 inch thick glass. When your done, the tank empty will weigh over 800lbs or more so just think about these things. A pond is easier and just as enjoyable IMO

I wouldn't think 400 gallons is necessarily needed for 6 goldies :p I mean it wouldn't hurt one but they would love the room. I'd say at most 200-250. But he could add more with 400.

Ok. Between us three kids (at my place) we have three dressers if put to gether would hold a 6' by 2' tank. But would they be stronge enough to hold the 135 gallons? They are made of composite wood(compressed woodchips and glue, like school desks)

Ok. Between us three kids (at my place) we have three dressers if put to gether would hold a 6' by 2' tank. But would they be stronge enough to hold the 135 gallons? They are made of composite wood(compressed woodchips and glue, like school desks)

No. A 135g tank full of water alone will weigh 1135lbs. Plus substrate and tank weight

That wouldn't work for a stand my man... You would be way better off just getting the measurements you need and carrying it to a hardware store, getting some 2 x 4's cut and then some wood screws and someone with a drill and the right bits.

That wouldn't work for a stand my man... You would be way better off just getting the measurements you need and carrying it to a hardware store, getting some 2 x 4's cut and then some wood screws and someone with a drill and the right bits.

Id stay safe and do 4x4s for the structure

Ok I think ill just make it a 135 gallon, and make a new stand. But ill make it 2' wide and ajust the length and hight acording. And I'm a she not a he by the way .......

Ok I think ill just make it a 135 gallon, and make a new stand. But ill make it 2' wide and ajust the length and hight acording. And I'm a she not a he by the way .......

Well that's all up to you! Just make sure you get the goldfish out of that small tank... They are not liking that! Whoops sorry!!!

Sorry ma'am. We have no idea here. Keep the dimensions 6ftLx2ftWx2ftH

I can't do a pond because of the loose cats and dogs around town my fish would be eaten. And in winter they'd still need to come inside.

And make sure your floor can support at least 1200 pounds! Water is 8 lbs per gallons. 135 x 8 is 1080. When you add substrate and deco. It adds up!

I can't do a pond because of the loose cats and dogs around town my fish would be eaten. And in winter they'd still need to come inside.

They wouldn't need to come inside there is equipment for cold months to heat the water up. And things that break the ice.

I get the name/gender thing all the time its ok. But the tank will be against a wall were the suports to the house are, so I'm really not worried.

I get the name/gender thing all the time its ok. But the tank will be against a wall were the suports to the house are, so I'm really not worried.

Hey I have a question... If its not to personal. You said "us kids here" How old are you exactly? I'm just asking because I've never heard of a kid trying to get a 6 ft tank pieces out, build it themselves and do it correctly lol.

I live in Nebraska it blizzards here at least once a winter. Some one in town had a pond but the stray cats ate them all. She's only a couple blocks away from here. And a guy had his tank in the garage his tank froze solid last winter.

Back
Top Bottom