Home Made Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I live in Nebraska it blizzards here at least once a winter. Some one in town had a pond but the stray cats ate them all. She's only a couple blocks away from here. And a guy had his tank in the garage his tank froze solid last winter.

No I was saying that if you got a pond started, there are many different pond equipment items to choose from so that doesn't happen.

I'm 18. But I don't graduate till the end of this coming school year. And I'm really dedicated to my fish. I've grown up with betas, moved to guppies and gold fish. And on the building part my family makes and builds thing for a living.

I'm 18. But I don't graduate till the end of this coming school year. And I'm really dedicated to my fish. I've grown up with betas, moved to guppies and gold fish. And on the building part my family makes and builds thing for a living.

Oh okay I see then! Well then all of the luck to you! Let us know how it all plays out!

Well mom changed her mind she doesn't want a permanent fish tank in the room that will soon be an office :/ I'm going to get a 75 gallon for them tomorrow. And now my 5males are chasing my female. Poor girl.

Well mom changed her mind she doesn't want a permanent fish tank in the room that will soon be an office :/ I'm going to get a 75 gallon for them tomorrow. And now my 5males are chasing my female. Poor girl.

Why do you have a 5m :1f ratio? It should be the complete opposite

I've been watching them more and I think I have 2 girls. And 4 boys. I didn't know till now I thought they were all males I will be seperating them though. I don't have a set up for eggs yet.

I've been watching them more and I think I have 2 girls. And 4 boys. I didn't know till now I thought they were all males I will be seperating them though. I don't have a set up for eggs yet.

You should have a 3f:1m ratio

As for an outside solution look around at stock tanks, cheaper and by borrowing ideas from your local horse supplier can make things easier...

My sister lives in Sterling CO, we grew up there..they took a basic 300 gallon tank, built a wood frame around it and crammed the area around it with 4 inch foam to give it insulation, that with a under water tank heater should set you up nicely for the winter...as for keeping unwanted critters out grandpa used a simple wood frame with chicken wire that sat over his minnow tanks(course he often said it failed to keep the worst one out, me)

Back
Top Bottom