Home Made Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keni

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 6 goldfish and they have already out grow there 15 gallon tank. I want to make one myself instead of buying one I'm not sure on what to use as the top and bottom "security rings" I would love any sugestions and tips on any part of the prosses. Please and thank you!!! Here's some picks of my babies in their 5 gallon temp tank (were they go when the 15 gallon is being deep cleaned).

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130731_234237.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130731_234237.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 131
  • ForumRunner_20130731_234405.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130731_234405.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 121
Also I would love to know recomended sizes to make the tank in FTxFT because I don't know how many gallons to a foot. I have no clue on how to find that out. And I would love to know the size and brand of filter and number of filters for a large tank. Thank you so much.

In my area its extremly expensive and but buying the glass sheets and other supplies with be cheeper and the nearest plast to get that size of tank is 4 hours away.

Autocorrect is killing me tonight :/ but I really would love more input.

Sorry another thing is I've only had 4 of them for 4 months and I've had 2 for 2 months(no joke just cool :)) They started out just a little bit bigger then guppies and now as you can see they are huge they grow fast and out grow tanks real fast. I have guppies so when the goldfish out grow a tank they get spilt into new groups with new guppies to add healthy genes to all my tanks get used. I also have a isolation tank (3gallon). But that is now to small the goldfish if it is needed.

A rule for goldfish is the first one needs at least 20 gallons, then every one after that needs 10 more gallons. So for yours you need at least a 75 gallon. I recommend 90..

Now you can do a 3' long x 1'-1/2" wide x 2' height. I think that would work also. It's shorter but taller.

That build is about 70 gallons though so maybe for the width go ahead and do 2ft. So 3'x2'x2'

Umm 6 gold fish need soo much room and filtration just because of their massive bio load. They are best suited in ponds because in a year after the 75g you'll need a 150 then a 300 and so on. They just eat poo and grow

The stand I have to put it on is 3'5" by 1'2" how high would I need it to be then?

The stand I have to put it on is 3'5" by 1'2" how high would I need it to be then?

Height doesnt really matter in a tank. Its all about how long it is. You would need something 6foot or longer x 2 to 3 foot wide by around 2 foot tall

Ok well I can put my three stands together to make a 6'2" stand it would still be the same width. And with 1 2 or 3 foot high side what would be the gallons to those?

Ok well I can put my three stands together to make a 6'2" stand it would still be the same width. And with 1 2 or 3 foot high side what would be the gallons to those?

Google "tank gallon calculator" for that

If I do it 1'w 3'h and 6'L it will be 135 gallons. I think that's what I will do. Thank you for the help!

Back
Top Bottom