Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

ya the wood is almost too big to soak and i cant get a hold of a 40gal plastic drum the wood is about 6" across and 4' long so its huge i have it my closet with my dehumidifire set at 20% humidity.... i preasure washed the mold off befor i put it in the room so hopefully it doesnt come back befor i get my tank and start soaking it and running a bunch of carbon filtration and lots of water changes

Old 09-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

When the bleach dries it is no longer bleach.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:56 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

ill see how this works out that closet its almost fully sealed so the air in there is at 45% humidity when i checked just now so by morning it should be even lower and that will hopefully suck moisture out of the wood...ill post again in a few days for an update my last resort is going to be using bleach if this doesnt work
Old 09-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redruckus
ya the wood is almost too big to soak and i cant get a hold of a 40gal plastic drum the wood is about 6" across and 4' long so its huge i have it my closet with my dehumidifire set at 20% humidity.... i preasure washed the mold off befor i put it in the room so hopefully it doesnt come back befor i get my tank and start soaking it and running a bunch of carbon filtration and lots of water changes
How big is your tank? Is it at Seaworld? What are you gonna do with driftwiod that big? Just wondering. Oops thought it said 6' not 6". My fault..

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ml#post1456422
Deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:18 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Im getting a 135 gal 6' x 2' x 18" no idea on the brand and i am going to aquascape it with rocks and this wood... probably going to be a discus tank or an amazon tank (angels, kribs, tetras, barbs, smaller cats...ect.)

Tags
drift, drift wood, wood

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com