Homemade Sump for 150g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ken_wied

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just purchased a 150g tank with overflows. Will be here by end of next week or begining of week after. Want to make a sump that will fit all of my equipment in. Right now, i have a Pro-Clear 75 sump on my 75g. The flow rate for that is taxed I believe. Want to create something larger with more room. Was thinking about a large rectangular rubbermaid container for the sump body, and the 3 drawer stackable unit for the media containers. What does anyone think of this? Feasable?
TIA
heres a pic of my current sump
img_772083_0_cb580970a02b1551979f0f8b9c8cfec1.jpg

That is an interesting idea. How is that pro-clear working for you? I have the same thing but took out the bioballs and the sponges. Here is what I did under my tank...you could do something similar on a larger scale for your 150

sump1qv2.jpg

fugeaqf9.jpg

returnaue5.jpg

Behind the 20g (wood grain tank) is the pro-clear 75. I drilled a hold in the front of it (where the return area was) and put the bulkhead through it and it is plumbed into the 10g return tank. I used an extra overflow to get water out of the fuge (20g) and into the return.

Back
Top Bottom