Hook python to sink info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KristaButler

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, be gentle I am a female. lol

I have an older python that does not have any special connection. I decided I needed it to hook to the sink. Well in my little town Lowes did not have the appropriate 3/8 barb to 1/2 faucet connector. So this is what I came up with. Maybe this may help some with the same dilemma.

Tubing $7 20ft
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416532375.661509.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416532479.229159.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416532494.446262.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416532507.081957.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416532521.294924.jpg

That's all folks. I wasn't looking to spend too much money. $7 for the hose and $3.50 total for all the adapters. Now I'm ready to conquer my 55 gallon.

May the force be with you.

Can you use it as a siphon as well?

Sent from my VK810 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wish there was a way to delete a post. The thread actual ended up not fitting my sink. So I went back to lowes and got another attachment. It didn't fit either. I got so frustrated. Too many trips to Lowes. Lol

Anyways the answer was Infront of me the entire time. I just rammed the tube up the faucet. I uses the bigger python hose then rammed the smaller python hose inside the bigger python. It works great!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416822987.950496.jpg

Yes it syphons, but I run it down hill. Out the door.

There's a fitting out there for you!! Use the force krista!! No seriously though. ..if that let's go you'll have quite the mess on your hands. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There's a fitting out there for you!! Use the force krista!! No seriously though. ..if that let's go you'll have quite the mess on your hands. .

Yep there is the main python siphon fitting that you connect to the sink to either suck the water out or twist the bottom to make the water pump into your tank.
Amazon.com : Python Aquarium Replacement Pump : Aquarium Filter Accessories : Pet Supplies

if it doesn't fit then they do a faucet adapter
Amazon.com : Python Brass Adapter for Aquarium : Python Aquarium Cleaner : Pet Supplies

I wish there was a way to delete a post. The thread actual ended up not fitting my sink. So I went back to lowes and got another attachment. It didn't fit either. I got so frustrated. Too many trips to Lowes. Lol

Anyways the answer was Infront of me the entire time. I just rammed the tube up the faucet. I uses the bigger python hose then rammed the smaller python hose inside the bigger python. It works great!

You know, sharing this is actually great because we can all learn from the failure of others as much as success of others.

I sit at the kitchen table while I fill a empty. I have to lower and raise the baby net. I don't know why I feel the need to raise babies of all kinds (including chickens, but, hey this is a fish site). So the tubing is not unattended. If it broke loose I'd get to it before it dumped a whole lot of water. However for security and as my complacency becomes greater with time, I should probably summons the force into finding something to screw on that sucker. Lol

Go to your local Ace Hardware store, and they will be able to help you fabricate what you need.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom