Hose locks??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beamesmar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone know where to get threaded hose locks for the 1" ribbed hosing supplied with the Fluval FX6? I'm looking for the type where you insert the hose then tighten down with a nut lock, but can't seem to find them. Any help would be most appreciated!!

Like one might find on a car radiator hose? Auto parts store?? Radiator clamp, there is a pinch open and a hex/flathead screw down.

If you mean a factory part, call fluval or check their parts website.
Replacement Parts | Fluval | Innovative and reliable aquatic products for your home

It's not a pinch and fit, radiator clamp type of thing, and it's not a Fluval part. It is a contraption whereby you insert the hose and then tighten the connection by turning a large nut that the hose is sticking into... almost like a compression fitting for an airline, but made for plastic hose.

I saw it on a YouTube video, but can no longer find said video! It's driving me nutz!!!

It's not a pinch and fit, radiator clamp type of thing, and it's not a Fluval part. It is a contraption whereby you insert the hose and then tighten the connection by turning a large nut that the hose is sticking into... almost like a compression fitting for an airline, but made for plastic hose.

I saw it on a YouTube video, but can no longer find said video! It's driving me nutz!!!

JBL canister filters use them. If they are the same size you may get away with ordering some for the JBL e1501 canister.

hardware stores some know them as shark bites , they have 3 types 1 for pvc 1 for copper
1 for rubber tubing
I love those things have many uses

hardware stores some know them as shark bites , they have 3 types 1 for pvc 1 for copper
1 for rubber tubing
I love those things have many uses

I've never seen shark bites for 1" ribbed hose. Do they make it? I don't want a permanent connection. It must be detachable.

Back
Top Bottom