How did I do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNamelessPoet

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here is a picture of my CO2 Imput... how does it look?

Attachments

• P5010011.jpg
    P5010011.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 59
What exactly does that do? a CO2 airstone basically?

Is that nessecary to have a flourishing planted tank?

Im starting to crunch numbers on what we talked about yesterday and ive kept it very reasonable with deals and stuff ive found, pieceing it together ext, but I can see how this can easily top a grand in no time.

well mine was a DIY but I only have a 20 gallon. it cost me about 10 bucks and that includes the yeast

Baking bread or brewing beer?

thought we were talking about fish tanks here.?

Baking bread or brewing beer?

thought we were talking about fish tanks here.?
lol.

the yeast was I think 5 bucks then the line about 3 and I dont think the check valve was ever 2 bucks... I just waiting until my g/f finished her soda... and I went to work last night :D

does anyone know if I can put the difuser in the filter so I have one less hose :D ?

Does macgyver know you hacked his files?

I got the line, check valves and yeast in the pantry, do I gotta say a magic word for em to work together?

I am a car enthusist as well avid car enthusist( photograph EVERYTHING when doing a build or a remodel/fabrication), if you could do some step by step pics that would be so very helpful to not only me but anyone else now or in the future contemplating one of these contraptions.

Does macgyver know you hacked his files?

I got the line, check valves and yeast in the pantry, do I gotta say a magic word for em to work together?

I am a car enthusist as well avid car enthusist( photograph EVERYTHING when doing a build or a remodel/fabrication), if you could do some step by step pics that would be so very helpful to not only me but anyone else now or in the future contemplating one of these contraptions.
MacGyver... BLAST FROM THE PAST! AWESOME show btw :p

DIY CO2 Guide with Pictures & Recipes - DIY Aquarium Projects - Aquatic Plant Central

I did NOT add the Baking soda... with an hour I had a few bubbles here and there but by morning... well u can see the video :D

Oh and the bubble counter... i didnt add that yet only because I didnt have a needle :D

Well see there is already an issue, that bubble diffuser is crap, very poor design , no capacity AT ALL for the gunk really.

I am going to do that today infact, I will design something up.

maybe using 3/8-1/2" tubing instead of air-line, might help with the gunk

see check it out

DSC00115.jpg

Now I know it wont count bubbles since its designed to catch particles heavier then air and all, but you can add the syringe in line PAST the catch can, not only will it save your check valves it will also save the counter as well as alot of the line itself.

I know those take 3/8" line but they do make reduced fittings for smaller line such as vacuum line( air line).

Just an idea maybe there is something better then an water seperator for the air compressor to use but just wanted to throw that idea out there.

hmm.... that not a bad idea... I am going to make one with a second bottle (probably 20 OZ) that will be between the check valve and the 2 liter bottle. Ill take some pics tonight when I get home... ill take picks of doing it as well.

I alos used a chopstick as you can see form the pic as my difuser... WOW it wors great (at leas tI think lol) the bubbles are VERY small.

I just need to know if putting it in the HOB filter will be enough to dispell the gas

I'm wondering also if I should shorten the chipstick to about 1/2" past the tube? any thought anyone?

try it, chopsticks are free from the chinese food place, I use chopsticks for my sand vacuum so I dont suck up the sand, got about 100 of em in a box.

1/2" is short I think maybe 1" would be better? air stone size.

Im in quarantine myself for 24 hours so I gotta feeling I will have this done at some point today, should only take 5 minutes to assemble once the parts/pieces are laid out.

I got a ton of 1/2" copper around here but I dont think that would be a good idea to use in the tank. I mean would make for a great themed tank but I dont think I am going to be making tiny stills and such for the moonshine theme.

I am finding many tricks for eco friendly non emission cars will work in fish tanks as far as air delivery and plumbing goes.

I saw, I was stating in relation to size, I do alot of comparing.

I am still shopping for plants right now, printing off pics and taping them to the glass to see how it would look roughly, OoOo might take the background off the back and tape them that way to give light and in water views. I have current in the tank so they will sway nicely.

All this MacGyver-ism is making me think of how to turn my HOB into a 5g canister filter.

I know it can be done its just going to be tricky and very fabricated.

Im full of ideas, however most of then well practically none of them ever make it to paper. I like doing not jotting notes, you know.

I am still trying to get to the CO2 contraption but I got stuck making cookies for my belly and my kids.

Back
Top Bottom