Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-31-2011, 01:26 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
how to make a DIY sump tank? Can u help me..

I have a 90g fowlr that i will b setting up soon and would like to make my own sump tank. anybody have ideas? how big should i go? i have a skimmer that i will b using as well and maybe eventually i might do coral to.

can u help AA ???

SENSEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to HalfMoon B
I'll follow along, I need to convert a 40b to a sump

My 90 Gal Reef Build
HalfMoon B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
get a tank as large as you can fit under the 90 but making sure you can easily remove any equipment from it.If your having an in sump skimmer allow for the extra height as these need to be at a certain depth in the water to work( around 8") so if your sump will have 10" of water you'll need to raise the skimmer.3 section sumps are what most people seem to use.1st section water inlet,heaters,skimmer and uv.Then baffles.2nd section live sand/live rock and or macro algae,3rd section return pump section,try to keep this section quite large if you dont have an ATO( auto top off make up with ro/di water) otherwise can be smaller,This is due to the return pump section is the section which the water level will always alter due to evaporation.
Old Chinese proverb:
Don't go to bed with ichy bum
wake up with smelly finger!!
David S is offline   Reply With Quote

diy, diy sump, sump, sump tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com