how to make a filter quieter than normal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquariumlover10

Aquarium Advice Freak
have you ever wanted to make your filter quieter i found out how
things you will need
* a aqua tech filter or any power filter
* 1 scotch-brite cleaning pad
* a pair of scissors
first you fine out the size of the opening that the water comes out of and you cut the cleaning pad to that size make it a little taller than opening and then you put in the opening and it should make it quieter. Reply if it works or if it doesn't. than you

I usually keep the tank full enough where the water doesn't fall very far into the tank. It works quite well.

yeah i tryed that but my aquarium is in my room and the closest sink is up a couple stairs so it is hard to get the water down to the aquarium and my 3 year old baby brother is autistic so he runs around in the hall that my room is on and there is a gate in front of my door so he doesn't get in there so to get a gallon of water to my aquarium it takes about ten minutes

Extend your outflow below the water line and it'll be quiet except for the pump.

yeah i tryed that but my aquarium is in my room and the closest sink is up a couple stairs so it is hard to get the water down to the aquarium and my 3 year old baby brother is autistic so he runs around in the hall that my room is on and there is a gate in front of my door so he doesn't get in there so to get a gallon of water to my aquarium it takes about ten minutes

That sounds like lot of trouble, but I hope you are doing regular water changes.

Get a python type water changing system.. I'm very happy I made the investment! No carrying water anywhere..

I got the water changer from Walmart...it is amazing! Great suction, and it fills very fast too! Well worth $37!!!!

Yup. I bought the 50 foot python. Set me back a little but its wayyyy worth it. I run it to the basement laundry sink and don't have to hear it from my girl every time I do a pwc lol

I gave up and ran a hose up to my room on the second floor. If you have a water hose connection close that might work better. Nothing for your brother or other family members to trip over. I also keep gallon jugs on hand and take one with me when I go downstairs. Fill it up and store them in your room. That way you always have water on hand for the tank.

If you have a bathroom close to your room, you can just buy a waterhose and connect it to the bathroom faucet to get water. You just twist off the front part of the faucet where the water comes out and get a male or female coupling . so you can screw the water hose on. Any hardware store should be able to fix you up with what you need. Way cheaper than a water changer. You could do that for around $15.

The problem is you can't, or shouldn't use a regular garden hose to fill your tanks. They are made with antibacterial properties that aren't good for your beneficial bacteria that is in your tank. Food grade hose is expensive, fittings ad up so you really are better off buying a water changing system.

I am using a potable water hose from a RV supplier. Costs about the same as a good quality garden hose somewhere around $30. Any place that sells water filters and hoses should have them. Walmart or Costco probably does. Just check to see if it says mildew resistant. Garden hoses are not treated with mildew resistant plastic on the inside. Or at least double walled ones aren't because kids are known to drink from them. LOL

Back
Top Bottom