Hydor Koralia question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boxxmann

Aquarium Advice Activist
Not sure if this fits the DIY category, but here goes. I want to install my two Koralias on my overflow ( 92 gallon corner reef tank with built-in overflow ). I have contacted Hydor and they said the magnets would be ok submerged under water. Now, my question is how to get the magnets to hold together since the magnets are flat and the overflow is round? Any advice would be appreciated. I am trying to get a better flow in my tank and think that the flow would be good if I can direct it towards the front glass for dispersal. Thanks.

Get stronger magnets for the exterior,.should keep them pinned on the curve, add a piece of rubber on the inside for friction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

so, where would I put the stronger magnets at? I want to put them on one side of the overflow (on the inside) and the powerhead on the outside (in the main tank)

I'm not well versed in your setup, I know my hydor has a dual magnet mounting deal. If the opposite magnet needs to be submersed than it may take a more specialized magnet?? Would the opposite magnet stay dry? Salt free?

The opposite magnets would be exposed to the water in the overflow. Not sure if water would affect the magnets.

The opposite magnets would be exposed to the water in the overflow. Not sure if water would affect the magnets.

They'd rust I'd suspect unless properly sheathed. Maybe a silicone coating? Plastidip?

I actually spoke to Hydor the other day. They say that the magnets that are in the tank are the same magnets that are on the outside. The only difference is that the inside magnets are mounted on an anti-vibration plate. So it seems that I'm good to go. Now the only issue I have now is do I really put the powerheads on the overflow? Just trying to get a more even flow across my corner bowfront tank.

Pics always help;) I wish I could be more helpful, i know the value of proper flow in a planted tank, not so much in your case though.

No biggie. Thanks for reading and helping.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom