I am just itching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 75gal tank sitting in my garage stand-less. I posted a while back about plans and help and all of that. Well, my dad hasn't gotten around to helping me build the stand (and by helping, I mean doing it all himself- ha im kidding) so now I have a tank, a filter, a bunch of decor and a fish list but no aquarium! And I am ITCHING to get it started.. *sigh*

But knowing my dad.. who knows when I will get it finished.

I would do it myself but I have no power tools, nor am I handy with them and no money to buy the stuff (I had the money for it for the longest time but had to spend it on other important things like food, bills etc)

bleh

anyone have a 75gal stand they don't need anymore =o)

check the local classifieds for used tanks and stands. you might be able to get a used tank and stand (so a spare tank for 'later on') for less than the cost of a new stand alone.

or....there is the dreaded 'credit card'

I have a solution for you, and one that will motivate your dad a LOT to get to work, haha. I have a 75 gal tank supported by cinder blocks, they cost me $.89 each, and it takes 18 of them to be 3 high, 3 across, and two deep. It isn't the prettiest setup in the world, but for a college student like me, it does the trick!!!!

08262004-1.jpg

Good luck...[/img]

hehe thats a good idea!

I too am a college student and the only reason why I don't think I could go the cinder block route is because I have this great idea in my head.. so now I really really really wanna build it hehe

Back
Top Bottom