im thinking to do a stand to hold 4 10 gallons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
or maybe 3 10's and 1 5?. im thinking of making a shelf and a little further back and another shelf. and a normal cabinet under. i might use my 5 gallon right now as a quarentine or maybe like a sump or something? like have all 4 tanks filtering into the 5 gallon?

only problem is i was making a rabbit fence for my rabbits out of like those wooden poles and wiring. i put the nail 1/2 way in and i hit it sideways to hold the wiring. my mom thought i couldnt put the nail through so she wont let me buy the wood. i think theres a different reason though

I built a stand to hold my 20gal long on top and two tens on the bottom out of 2x4's and some plywood.
Looks kinda like a small work bench. If I had a new digital cam I'd post a pic...LOL. Good luck getting the wood.

I think I would go with screws on it as 4 tens dont really weigh enough to need bolts IMO.

The one I made I used nails and screws just to be safe. I like to over do things..lol
Better safe then sorry... :wink:

so... on 2 tanks and 1 48" 40 watt light.. will both my tanks be getting >20 watts or 40 watts each? because there'll be a space inbetween them and the lights split amongst them

HMMM...godd question there. You may want to ask some of the plant experts that are so good with the lighting thing.

I would think since the light is above both tanks they would both get the full 40 watts.

40 watts each, the power of the fluro isn't divided in the middle, :p
it runs the full length of the tube, u could have 4 X 1ft tanks and they'd still be getting 40w each
i'd say go with double for the extra light, but limit ur light on time to say 7-8 hrs a day

so... if i divide it aomongst 2 tanks witha space in the middle they'd get like 37 watts?

if it a 37w light it will be 37w each, if it's 40 w light they will get 40 watts each..i'd get 1 x40w light, u can get 2x 25w but then the output will still be 25watts but just over a larger area.. do u understand what I mean?

Back
Top Bottom