Introduction and question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThatOneAquarist

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I'm new here but certainly not to the hobby. I know things like the nitrogen cycle, and the general calculation of GPH-tank size. I personally think I can be of decent help to people on here, beginners anyway, I definetly have a ways to go before I'm any sort of expert. But anyways, I'm building a tank and the plans I've come up with are allowing me to comfortably use a glass panel from a 55 or 75 gallon tank. My question is, would it be thick enough? My 55 has thinner glass than it should I know that much (like 4/16"). But I'm thinking most 55s or 75s have 1/4 right?
The tank will be 48"x48"x36 (about 300 gallons)

I have a 75 at home. As far as I know, it is 3/8" glass. I will measure it tonight to confirm.

I think using a panel from a 55 or 75 for a 300 gallon is a bad idea. My 150 gallon back home had I think 5/8" or 3/4" thick glass.

I think using a panel from a 55 or 75 for a 300 gallon is a bad idea. My 150 gallon back home had I think 5/8" or 3/4" thick glass.
Right, but that was a normal glass tank right? All of the water pressure was to be held by some silicone and glass and maybe a brace. Ill probably try to find a 100 or 150 and just have the glass cut to size. I was just seeing if i could save money, but thinking about it i don't know how confident id be if i used that thin of a panel.

Back
Top Bottom