Is this a good DIY co2 system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baobeiiiiiiii

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey,

found a DIY Co2 'kit' for sale online, but I know next to nothing on this subject. I've attached some pics of it.

It's two bottles, a pressure gauge, that thing with the red cap on it is supposedly some kind of 'safety valve', and some tubing. That attaches to what looks like a bubble counter, some kind of trap, then into a glass kind of cup that goes inside the tank. Also it comes with 200g of each of the two kinds of necessary powder.

Does it seems decent?

I'm also getting a solenoid that i'll plug into a timer, added a pic of that too. I'm not sure how well it would work, the tank is only around 10 gallons or 33 liters, and with the timer i should be able to have it turn off during the day.

Basically my questions are, what kind of pressure should I normally be able to reach on the guage, and are there any components that look unnecessary or bad quality to you? I'm considering one of those '3 in 1' things that goes inside the tank to eliminate the bubble counter and trap on the outside of the tank. Thanks for advice! The powder is so cheap, if it can run even for a month (on maybe 9 hours a day) without replacing the powder i'd be happy.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 84
Or is this better?

Says has safety valve that releases pressure if more than 4KG and perhaps less likely bottles would tip over (i have cats).

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 74
They both look like they would work fine were did you find those I'd like to try one out. As I'm tired of re sealing leaks every other month.

I'm also interested in one of these, could you send me the link in a PM?

Thanks,

Christopher

Back
Top Bottom