alright, that one was getting long. her's the finished project. it's my first time and wanted to test myself before i start on my 37 gallon tall that i am moving my jack dempsey and jewel into. i think that i learned a few things in the process and am very thankful to Sulla. i had seen a few articles before but after reading his post, i decided that i would finally try it. It might not look the best, but remember that it is just a 10 gallon tank.
i used a mix of quickcrete wallcrete and acrylic fortifier and on the last 2 coats i added cement color, all found at HD
. When i filled it and checked it the following day the ph
was only 8.5. i did a 50% water change, then another the following day. ph
never rose above 8.5 and is now at 8.0. only cured for 2 days.up for a week and a half now and everything is going great.
i just threw in my albino zebra and a yellow lab that were in my 35 gallon hex cichlid mixed tank. they were the smallest and it was overstocked any way.
when i first put them in they seemed like they missed the 35 gallon, but soon found the caves and hid for a day. that's when i put in the drift wood because i wanted to see them a bit more. now they come out and sit in the shade.
let me know what you think... and thanx again go out to sulla.