leaky fluval 404

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepsimax

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have recently purchased a used 55 gallon tank which came with a fluval 404 filter and also a built in cannister filter i believe thats what its called. Its a plastic box that fits in the corner. all i need is media and a submersible pump.

So getting back to my 404. I cant get it to stop leaking from the 4 little holes by the handles. I have wrapped the o-ring with teflon tape and replaced the impeller cover and it still trickles.

my goal is to get my built in one to work real soon but i would like my fluval to stop leaking.

please help me

The filter is probably a corner or box filter.

As for the 404.. my 405 leaked a little as well. I tried everything, and the ONLY thing that would work was vasoline. Obviously, it's probably not the safest thing in the world, but it works great. I wouldn't suggest getting it on anything inside the can, but just a little coat on it did it for me.

i tryed alot of tricks but the only way i could get it to stop was to get a new oring, got one from ebay for $5ish range hope the vasoline works for you

instructions say to make sure that the oring is wet, could try a bit of water, dont think teflon take is a good idea.

I used pure petroleum jelly on my o-rings in my 305. It just takes a thin film to do the trick. Every time I open the filter, I use the petroleum jelly on the rings again. I have been pretty lucky and havent had any leaks.

Back
Top Bottom