Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
LED DIY 10G Nano

Well, i guess i am going to have the chance to build my LED light after all. Currently, i have a Sunpac 150w HQI Lighting system that i think fits very well over a plain jane 10G from your local petsmart or what ever LFS you have in your area. With that being said, i don't think i will need to buy any cooling fans nor power supplies since this lighting system has them already incorporated. I am sure i would have to do some modifications to the structure of the light and maybe break out my multi-meter to find the right voltages. I do however think i will need to invest in a heat sink, a controller, and a few Cree LEDs and of course your necessities. I am open to some suggestions on the the LEDs from some of the more experienced DIY LED builders.

I do have some kinda dumb questions: I like to change my HQI light every 6 months. in the winter i have a 10K bulb i use for growth and a 14K bulb i use in the spring, summer, and fall for color enhancement. I would like to incorporate this method into the LEDs. Is this possible?

I have a rough idea of what LEDs to buy but i still would like some suggestions before i make the purchase.

NanoNerd is offline   Reply With Quote

diy, led, nano

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com