LED DIY 10G Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NanoNerd

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, i guess i am going to have the chance to build my LED light after all. Currently, i have a Sunpac 150w HQI Lighting system that i think fits very well over a plain jane 10G from your local petsmart or what ever LFS you have in your area. With that being said, i don't think i will need to buy any cooling fans nor power supplies since this lighting system has them already incorporated. I am sure i would have to do some modifications to the structure of the light and maybe break out my multi-meter to find the right voltages. I do however think i will need to invest in a heat sink, a controller, and a few Cree LEDs and of course your necessities. I am open to some suggestions on the the LEDs from some of the more experienced DIY LED builders.

I do have some kinda dumb questions: I like to change my HQI light every 6 months. in the winter i have a 10K bulb i use for growth and a 14K bulb i use in the spring, summer, and fall for color enhancement. I would like to incorporate this method into the LEDs. Is this possible?

I have a rough idea of what LEDs to buy but i still would like some suggestions before i make the purchase.

:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom