Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
I still want to go to LED at some point because it doesn't produce heat and you don't have to worry about changing the bulbs out every 6-12 months.

Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:27 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sorry for the delayed response I have family in town and been constantly on the move.

This is bulb I am using. GU10 20 LED WHITE Light Bulb Lamp 110v DIMMABLE 10 OFF | eBay

I do not have plans for plants just yet. I may put some moss or something but other than that no plans for plants. It is a freshwater tank Tanganyikans. I am not sure on the depth of tank, I will measure later and get back to you.

They give off no heat at all... I ran them all day on a dry tank with no noticeable change in temperature.

TerenceH is offline   Reply With Quote

led, light, lights

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules