LED Moonlight Setup I built

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LordJay

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
LED moonlight lamps I built for my tank. Blue on the corners and UV in the center. What do u think?

Attachments

• image-2741603929.jpg
    image-2741603929.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 138
  • image-2969772470.jpg
    image-2969772470.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 186
Oops, my bad. New to this forum, didnt know there was DIY section- found it, thanx.

LordJay said:
LED moonlight lamps I built for my tank. Blue on the corners and UV in the center. What do u think?

Hi LordJay,

What parts did you use for these LED lamps? I love these creative DIY that people post here!

Thanks smitty- I was so excited with the final product. Sometimes I amaze myself- lol. But I did sumthing wrong. I forgot my custome made hood was very high (so the lights wouldnt "burn" anything in the tank or blind the fishes or even raise the temperature) and the reflection in the water is a lil dim. But nothing that cant be fixed, I'll just find some metal sumthing and do... sumthing.

What u need for this is patience, creativity, faith, an adapter up to 12V, LEDs (most of them are 3.3 and 20 ma- ull need these numbers to know what ohm ull need the resistors to be), a pack of resistors, leds holders, solder or just tape, tape, and more tape, copper wire. Ull get most of these stuff at Radioshak. I only spent $21 bucks. UV LEDs were $2 pack of two, the blue ones were $5 each one, the resistors were $3 pack of five and holders $3 pack of two.
For any questions on how to set this up, feel free to ask.
By the way- u might also need strong teeth and fingers...

Back
Top Bottom