Lets see pic's of your custom (DIY) canopy - need idea's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1brent1

Aquarium Advice Activist
I finished building the stand for my new 180 gal. I now need to build the canopy

I have 2x 6' fluorescents and will be getting 3x 250 watt DE MH, CoralVue sun replicator kits, ballasts, etc soon. Maybe some moonlighting too.

My tank dimensions are 72x30x18.

I was hoping anyone with similar tank dimensions/lighting can show off some pictures of your custom (DIY) canopy. Actually any photos will probably help. Would like to get some idea's for mostly the inside layout and how/where to mount everything, how much room I'll need, etc..

GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I'm building one now - I'll post photos to my web site soon. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you the URL.

I built a custom stand for my 125 gallon about a year ago, and I'm building the canopy to match. The only challenge is going to be fitting all my lights in there. I'm going to be running 2 x 36", 96w power compacts and 2 x 36" regular flourescents. Problem is, the tank is exactly 72.25" long with the framing around the top (that holds the glass together) so it's going to be tight.

I'm also planning on building a moonlight out of blue LEDs. Should be pretty cool!

I finished the frame for my canopy this weekend and have some of the oak facing on. I took a couple of pictures along the way and should be able to post them tonight or tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom