lets see those canopies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigfish93

Aquarium Advice Regular
As the title says: lets see those canopies! post a picture of your aquariums canopy.

Canopy opened. I don't have any good pics with the front closed.

hammertone-tank_3-09.jpg

cool you did great job,i have either a 55 or 75 and some day im going to fill it and make a top,have a 3 gal,29 gal and i think 20 not sure.

img_1005441_0_e681fcec40e5418972340cf533e58e69.jpg

This is the canopy that I made for my 75 gallon, with the help of a friend, to match the stand that we made a few years earlier....the front doors seen above were later replaced with wood that matched the doors of the stand...
img_1005441_1_597a2be0e4dbbe49d5ba0cf17c8aac01.jpg

It opens at the top to allow gravel cleaning without having to remove the whole thing, and also has lift up front doors so that my short roommate can feed them. The fish in the smaller tank on the floor are my pond fish, overwintering in the house. (Their pond freezes solid, so they come in. Since this picture was taken, they have up-graded to a 100 gallon stock tank in the basement.)

CT

img_1005451_0_e681fcec40e5418972340cf533e58e69.jpg

This is the canopy that I made for my 75 gallon, with the help of a friend, to match the stand that we made a few years earlier....the front doors seen above were later replaced with wood that matched the doors of the stand...
img_1005451_1_597a2be0e4dbbe49d5ba0cf17c8aac01.jpg

It opens at the top to allow gravel cleaning without having to remove the whole thing, and also has lift up front doors so that my short roommate can feed them. The fish in the smaller tank on the floor are my pond fish, overwintering in the house. (Their pond freezes solid, so they come in. Since this picture was taken, they have up-graded to a 100 gallon stock tank in the basement.)

CT
Nice job.

hey guys the temp in my tank goes up a little high right now for a day then bck down depends on conditions in the house would adding a canopy be a bad idea?

hey guys the temp in my tank goes up a little high right now for a day then bck down depends on conditions in the house would adding a canopy be a bad idea?
If you add a canopy you will probably have to add fans inside of it to help facilitate evaporative cooling. If you have a closed top that will also contribute to the heat and limit the o2 exchange which takes place at the waters surface. The canopy i built has an open top, i did it this way intentionally to help let the heat escape from the lighting, there also is no physical cover on my tank yet I have to go get some egg crate this week and install it.

would someone mind sharing some blueprints for a 125 g canopy..i built a generic one and am unhappy with the outcome.....just want something nice perhaps what would wood would be best. things of that sort design ideas and how to.

Back
Top Bottom