Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thras

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I found a kit on aqua cave its a 24"x2 24w bulbs and I was wondering if this would fit into a standard aquarium hood it's a 29g aquarium if not I also found a 55w compact that will fit Btw I was going to put the following plants in dwarf hair grass or saggitaria dwarf green ozelot swords ludwigia reopens banana plants java fern and bacopa Australis Any suggestions on anything?

May I ask y u put the ballast on the outside of the fixture instead of the inside I would think it would be more exposed to moisture

May I ask y u put the ballast on the outside of the fixture instead of the inside I would think it would be more exposed to moisture

It won't fit inside the hood, so it's mount outside on the hood or have it remotely mounted (hanging?). It's a sealed electronic ballast, so there's been no issues with moisture invasion. Having it remotely mounted wasn't appealing to me because when I remove the fixture for any reason, I wanted the whole thing to come off rather than dealing with multiple elements.

Ahh ok well that's the kit I will be ordering soon so ill be having some fun with it:)

Back
Top Bottom