lighting idea :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eddiedellz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im building a shelf on top of my tank 48in long and haveing it about 3 - 4 in above the tank and i will be putting a lighting fixture hanging form the bottom of the shelf and boxed in on the bottom like a floating hood supported from the wall and i can use the shelf for my foods and such :) what do you guys think right now i have a b/s lighting fixture two t12 40w bulbs any suggestions ?

I've thought of the doing the same thing a couple of times but never acted on it. What kind of tank is it and what do you keep in it? What you want in it will dictate the lighting you install.

ill have it up saturday so i can take a pic from when i just put it up with my hands it looks really nice im not sure what gallons my tank is but the dementions are the same as a 55 with the exception that the height of the tank is 25in so its obviously higher right now im cycleing my tank to set up a saltwater deal id like to keep live rock and the goodies that go along with it id like to set something up myself lighting wise right now i have a 40w fixture with a t12 plant and aquarium bulb and was hopeing to pic up a 50/50 bulb tomarow hows it sound so far .. allso saw the moon lighting led thing liked that alot too

Short term your lighting is fine, if down the road you want to keep any corals, anemones, clams or other light need stuff, then you will have to upgrade. The lighting is one of the most important parts of the reef tank and you should be prepared when upgrading cuz it is also expensive. Compact fluorescent lighting would be a step up from what you have now and metal halides would be the ultimate solution.

Back
Top Bottom