MacQuariums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emi929

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anybody ever seen something like this? It looks SO cool (other that the fact that it's hugely over stocked) has anyone here ewe done this? Maybe I can do it for my betta...

Attachments

• image-2061368217.jpg
    image-2061368217.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 219
That looks really cool, but kinda hard to keep. I'm sure it's easier than it looks though.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

They were talking about those on Pawn Stars the other week. If that's your thing, go for it. I don't think it would be very hard to do. I'd rather have a glass box.

They were talking about those on Pawn Stars the other week. If that's your thing, go for it. I don't think it would be very hard to do. I'd rather have a glass box.
OMG I SAW THAT EPISODE! THATS WHY I GOOGLED IT AND PUT IT ON HERE!!!!!!! LOL LOL :) I cant believe that woman wanted like $1,000 for an apple2gs

She didn't end up selling it to them. She went back later and asked for it back (props to those guys for being so understanding). She sold it on eBay recently and got 5 times what he offered.

Don't have a photo, but a friend had an old 'box' TV (you know the kind that had a knob to change the channel) that he took off the top, hollowed out the electronics and the tube, inserted a fish tank, and closed it up. Looked kinda cool, in a retro sort of way. The only thing that would have made it better is if they could have found a suitably curved-front fish tank to match the old picture tube!

Tim, really?? I didn't see that part, I must have turned it off or something. But that's pretty sweet!

Oooh talk about HD tv!

Oh cool!!! I notice that the pawn guys don't offer very well. There was a really nice WWI generals uniform valued at 20,000 and he offered 2,500!! The guy refused lol he was better off keeping it. Probably did what the woman did, sold it on eBay for like 40,000 lol. I really want to do the MacQuarium thing now!! Maybe a build thread will be coming soon ;)

That'd be really cool!! You should do that, and definitely put in a build thread for is to follow!!

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

Macquarium

Hi,
I came across this thread by chance, noticed it was recent, and thought I would join. I make finished Macquariums out of iMacs. I also make a kit so people can build their own. It's just a hobby I do in my garage, but I'm always excited to share any info about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom