Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

yea, that was it.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via Yahoo to SnailPowered
That looks really cool! I had a tank by a window with no live plants and that was a TERRIBLE idea. It had algae covering it in no time flat. I am looking to do something similar to that, but I might use lights instead of the window depending on where I live. I also want an enormous tank so the window would have to be really big. This does give me some other ideas for when I am no longer in the military and I build my own house though! My thoughts right now are to have a FW set up with a sump/fuge so that I can later turn it into a reef tank.

Old 04-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Regular

i know a guy who has a 125g reef tank, then a refugium, a sump, a frag tank, and a calcium reactor. i have yet to see a better looking reef tank than his.
all of that is 400 something gallons total water connected, and he only does 10% water changes every 4 months.
again, this was one of the tanks in the local reef club's little "tour of tanks", his was last, and it was for a good reason, because it made all the others look pretty sad... lol
Old 05-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Activist

I am not sure what I will do exactly because I am trying to get moved to Washington for my last two years in the Army and then I want to move to Hawaii if I can get a job so I may just wait until I get to Hawaii to do anything bigger than my 75g tank.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:50 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

MAN!! I wish I could move to Hawaii... I would make a sweet tank with the aquatic life
Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Activist

I found out that the laws in Hawaii are crazy ridiculous on what all you can have in your tank because they don't want people to release them into the wild. There are still a decent amount of beautiful fish that you can have in your tank.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

... and you can have most of the unprotected fish you can find around Hawaii. Snorkeling at night with a red lamp
Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well, I plan on getting SCUBA certified before I move so I will definitely look into catching my own. At the moment I am trying to plan my 75g rebuild when I get back from Iraq. I am thinking of getting a 30g tank and making a sump with a freshwater tank...we shall see what progresses as my deployment moves along and I continue to frequent these forums lol
Old 05-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Activist

I clicked a link somewhere for a person that had a 75g planted tank with a few red plants that was awesome. The person's name was Loren and they had a website detailing the build up and I am all fired up and had some questions for them lol. If anyone can lead me to the correct person or a link that they have posted on I would appreciate it!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Craigs list

I just got a 55 gallon with stand and all the trimmings for 75.00 on craigs list. I was patient, most folks want 200.00 for a 55 gal. patients is the key.

Tags
maintenance

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com