Well guys I bit the bullet. After a year of getting back into the hobby and diving I decided that my view of my 125 g reef rock formation was not allowing me room for growth or ample room for swimming for the fish.
It took me two weeks to decide the pvc
frame design I settled on 95 and 45 degree angles. Drilled lots of holes for water circulation. Taking into consideration what I have in corals and what I would eventually like to add.
It took me 5 days to sort out my current live rock into different piles, love it, hate it, too big, etc. Most of my corals have been super glued to rocks which in turn have been cable tied to the pvc
. Most were placed in the same positions as before with little change in depth or proximity to light and water flow.
Overall three consecutive 25% water changes because it got really fithly in there. So far after water test no amomnia, no nitrites,
of nitrates, 0 phosphates, ph 8.0, calcium 400, alk
is a bit too high. I'll keep adjusting and monitering.
So far no loses guys!!! Some corals are acting as if nothing happened. Others are definitely saving hey whats up here.
I will attach a photo in a couple of days when water has cleared.
I am now ready to take care of the last and final upgrade.
My lighting system from 175 mh
's to 250 mh
Talk to you all soon