Make my own Cave out of Plastic Bottle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Subha92

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've made an Cave for my fishes out of a Plastic Bottle.

● Requirements:

1. Plastic Bottle of 2L
2. Razor Blade
3. Scissors
4. Aquarium safe Silicon
5. Tape
6. Aquarium safe coloured stones
IMG_20161125_152241.jpg

● Procedure:

1. Cut the upper portion of the Bottle with the help of either Razor blade or Scissor.
2. Make a hole big enough for the fishes to move inside on the side face of the Bottle.
3. Cover the Bottle with tape.
4. Place the stones by using Silicon.
IMG_20161125_084351.jpg
5. Let it to be dry & cured for 72hrs.

● Here is the final Product:
IMG_20161128_160353.jpg
IMG_20161128_160337.jpg

Here is my Parrot who loves the cave. Now he is staying there all day. [emoji4]
IMG_20161128_160950.jpg

that's a neat idea never would of thought a plastic bottle.
colorful I bet it brings a lot of character to the tank .
it's always fun to see what we can create out of normal everyday stuff .
I have seen a lot of these DIY caves made with pvc pipe as they can be linked together with several different entrances , fish always seem to feel at home with these caves.

thanks for sharing(y)

that's a neat idea never would of thought a plastic bottle.
colorful I bet it brings a lot of character to the tank .
it's always fun to see what we can create out of normal everyday stuff .
I have seen a lot of these DIY caves made with pvc pipe as they can be linked together with several different entrances , fish always seem to feel at home with these caves.

thanks for sharing(y)
Thank you 54seaweed for your kind response [emoji106]

Well.... it's creative anyways;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Like the idea and thinking my daughter might do this as a school holiday project for the betta tank. One question was how do you make sure the plastic bottle edges aren't sharp - is that where the tape is used?

Like the idea and thinking my daughter might do this as a school holiday project for the betta tank. One question was how do you make sure the plastic bottle edges aren't sharp - is that where the tape is used?
Yes. I've used the tape at the edges to ensure that there is no sharp end. By the way, thank you [emoji4]

You could also use a flame (like a lighter) held slightly below the edge to melt it slightly. That would help with sharp edges.

Very fun.

Thanks for the tips :)

He used to enjoy hunting through driftwood branches but I had to take them out as too scented. Sounds a good holiday project.

Great idea! I did something similar with PVC pipe and sand. Smeared silicone on the pipe and then rolled the pipe in the sand to coat it. Works great for Pleco caves!

Thanks for sharing your work!

Back
Top Bottom