Making a Fish Pond, need some advice and help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maninder.vinny

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,
I'm planning to make a pond in my backyard, measuring 14X8 feet. But one major thing is making me worried. I saw many videos in Youtube on making a pond. Problem is, I don't have a pond liner available in my city nor in my state. So what's the alternate to it or any substitute for it?
I bought a plastic sheet which is considerably thick but not strechable like pond liner. I bought the highest quality available in the market. So, what should be done first in the garden to setup everything.
Attached are the pics of the garden where I'll building the pond and the plastic sheet I bought.
Every suggestions and help is heartly welcomed.

uploadfromtaptalk1438402666024.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1438402802458.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1438402936334.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910H

That plastic will deteriorate in the sun light. You will end up with leaks. If you can find some swimming pool liner that would work. I got some from an old above ground swimming pool. You can also use bentonite clay easily found as cheap clay cat litter. Here is a link on how to use it and what to look for
Tiny pond, brilliant or stupid? - Permaculture Forums from the Permaculture Research Institute
You can Google DIY kitty litter pond liner and find lots of how toos.

I am going to try this soon myself to reseal a natural frog pond I messed up by trying to deepen it. I took out the natural clay liner and now the water leaks out.

Back
Top Bottom