Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Making a fountain into a pond

So my wife and I bought a home a few years back. Since then I have gotten into fish keeping. I was wondering if it was possible to turn the largest part of the fountain in the front into something safe for fish and what kind of fish i could use. It roughly a 5-6foot circle and maybe 2-3 feet deep.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 05-06-2014, 12:08 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

U could put feeder Goldie's in there and some rosy reds I wouldn't keep any large goldfish because it's small hope I helped

Old 05-06-2014, 01:59 AM   #3
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

What does the fountain measure across? How much area does the interior portion take up? Trying to figure a rough idea on gallon capacity as this will be a need to know item for wcs and stocking possibilities. Exact measurements for depth, circumference, etc would be necessary. Does the fountain have a filtration system? What type of climate do you reside in (very important)?

Could you keep some type of fish I here? Possibly but there quite a few things to consider before adding any.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:21 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarriors65 View Post
U could put feeder Goldie's in there and some rosy reds I wouldn't keep any large goldfish because it's small hope I helped
Thanks I'll take a look at them.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:22 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk View Post
What does the fountain measure across? How much area does the interior portion take up? Trying to figure a rough idea on gallon capacity as this will be a need to know item for wcs and stocking possibilities. Exact measurements for depth, circumference, etc would be necessary. Does the fountain have a filtration system? What type of climate do you reside in (very important)?

Could you keep some type of fish I here? Possibly but there quite a few things to consider before adding any.
I'll figure out all of this tomorrow and post it if you don't mind taking another look. I live in southern California so the temp is usually pretty mild (70s-80s)

Tags
pond

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com