Making a fountain into a pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garganoth

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my wife and I bought a home a few years back. Since then I have gotten into fish keeping. I was wondering if it was possible to turn the largest part of the fountain in the front into something safe for fish and what kind of fish i could use. It roughly a
nagyseje.jpg
5-6foot circle and maybe 2-3 feet deep.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

U could put feeder Goldie's in there and some rosy reds I wouldn't keep any large goldfish because it's small hope I helped

What does the fountain measure across? How much area does the interior portion take up? Trying to figure a rough idea on gallon capacity as this will be a need to know item for wcs and stocking possibilities. Exact measurements for depth, circumference, etc would be necessary. Does the fountain have a filtration system? What type of climate do you reside in (very important)?

Could you keep some type of fish I here? Possibly but there quite a few things to consider before adding any. :)

U could put feeder Goldie's in there and some rosy reds I wouldn't keep any large goldfish because it's small hope I helped

Thanks I'll take a look at them.

What does the fountain measure across? How much area does the interior portion take up? Trying to figure a rough idea on gallon capacity as this will be a need to know item for wcs and stocking possibilities. Exact measurements for depth, circumference, etc would be necessary. Does the fountain have a filtration system? What type of climate do you reside in (very important)?

Could you keep some type of fish I here? Possibly but there quite a few things to consider before adding any. :)

I'll figure out all of this tomorrow and post it if you don't mind taking another look. I live in southern California so the temp is usually pretty mild (70s-80s)

Back
Top Bottom